Michigan apple orchards are open with fresh apples and cider mills are pressing out the cider as the season kicks into gear.
Apple orchards and cider mills in Oakland County
• Ashton Orchards, 3925 Seymour Lake Road, Ortonville, 248-627-6671 - Apples, cider mill, doughnuts, pies, baked goods, seasonal produce, playground equipment. Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sunday, August through October, then hours vary.
• Diehl’s Orchard & Cider Mill, 1479 Ranch Road, Holly, 248-634-8981, www.diehlsorchard.com - Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, Aug. 15 through Oct. 31. Weekends in November. Apples, cider mill, doughnuts, hayrides and corn maze. A museum wall is coming soon, commemorating more than 60 years of family ownership. Cider Fest is Sept 24-25.
• Erwin Orchards & Cider Mill, 61475 Silver Lake Road, South Lyon, 248-437-0150,erwinorchards.com/wordpress/ - Orchard open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily Aug. 19-Oct. 31. Cider mill is open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hours vary. Cider mill is open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 1-6. Already picked and u-pick apples, cider mill, petting zoo, corn maze in season, seasonal produce.
• Fogler’s Orchard & Farm Market, 3979 Rochester Road, (Rochester and Gunn Road), Rochester Hills, 248-652-3614, foglersgreenhouse.com - Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. through mid-September, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Oct. 31. Apples, corn, tomatoes, peaches, melons, u-pick raspberries, pumpkins and hay rides. Open now.
• Franklin Cider Mill, 7450 Franklin Road, Bloomfield Hills, 248-626-8261, www.franklincidermill.com- Open 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily and 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekends from Sept. 3 to Nov. 27. Cider mill, doughnuts, pies, apples, pumpkins.
• Goodison Cider Mill, 4295 Orion Road, Rochester, 248-652-8450, goodisoncidermill.wordpress.com - Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily Sept. 3 through November and weekends in December. Cider mill, apples, caramel apples, doughnuts, pies and Pistachio Nut Bread.
• Long Family Orchard Farm & Cider Mill, 1540 East Commerce Road, Commerce Township, 248-360-3774, www.longsorchard.com - Apples, cider and fresh produce. Open noon to 6 p.m. daily through October. U-pick hours vary.
. Paint Creek Cider Mill, 4480 Orion Road, Oakland Township, 248-656-3400,www.paintcreekcidermill.net - Open all year, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Cider mill, doughnuts, ice cream, cafe, by Paint Creek Trail.
• Rochester Cider Mill, 5125 N. Rochester Road, Rochester Hills, 248-651-4224,www.rochestercidermill.com -Open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, hours vary later in the season. Cider mill, doughnuts, pie, apples, produce.
• Yates Cider Mill, 1990 E. Avon Road, Rochester Hills, 248-651-8300, www.yatescidermill.com - Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., weekdays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and Labor Day, open through November. Cider, apples, ice cream, fudge, Dearborn brand hot dogs and Knackwurst, pony rides, petting zoo, river walk.
Apple orchards and cider mills near Oakland County
• Blake’s Big Apple Orchard, 71485 North Ave., Armada, 586-784-9710 and Blake’s Orchard and Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada, 586-784-5343, www.blakefarms.com Open 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily through Dec. 23.
• Hy’s Cider Mill, 6350 37 Mile Road, Romeo, 810-798-3611, www.hyscidermill.com, Open 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 12-Nov. 8, weekends only.
. Middleton Cider Mill, 46462 Dequindre Road, Utica, 586-731-6699, Open 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Sept. 9 through October and 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. in November.
• Miller’s Big Red Apple Orchard, 4900 32-Mile Road, Washington Township, 586-752-7888,millersbigred.com, upick raspberries. Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
• Historic Parshallville Cider Mill, 8507 Parshallville Road, Fenton, 810-629-9079,www.parshallvillecidergristmill.com. Open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, Sept. 3 through mid November.
• Parmenter’s Northville Cider Mill, 714 Baseline Road, Northville, 248-349-3181,www.northvillecider.com - Open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, through Nov. 23. Cider mill, doughnuts, pies and other food products and wine from the Northville Winery, across the parking lot.
• Porter’s Orchard Farm Market & Cider Mill, 12060 E. Hegel Road, Goodrich, 810-636-7156,portersorchard.com. (Open Aug. 6-Dec. 24)
• Spicer Orchards, 10411 Clyde Road, Fenton, 810-632-7692, www.spicerorchards.com. Open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, May to Dec. 31. U-pick and already picked apples, raspberries, and seasonal produce, playground equipment, winery and ice cream.
• Stony Creek Orchard and Cider Mill, 2961 W. 32 Mile Road, Romeo, 586-752-2453, open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 10- through season, www.stonycreekorchard.com.
• Verellen Orchards, 63260 Van Dyke, Romeo, 586-752-2989, www.verellenorchards.com. Open daily all year, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Westview Orchards & Cider Mill, 65075 Van Dyke (M-53), at 30 Mile Road, two miles south of Romeo, 586-752-3123, open 8 a.m.-6 p.m., www.westvieworchards.com.